Saturday, December 31, 2011
Note to Conspiracy Theorists: Time is an Abstract Concept Created By Man
The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012.This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed.
A New Age interpretation of this transition postulates that this date marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios suggested for the end of the world include the arrival of the next solar maximum, or Earth's collision with a black hole or a passing asteroid or planet called "Nibiru".
Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of such cataclysmic events occurring in 2012. Professional Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the extant classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history and culture.Astronomers and other scientists have rejected the proposed events as pseudoscience, stating that they are contradicted by simple astronomical observations.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Amul's advertisements have touched the hearts of millions of Indians since decades.
Amul's illustrious advertisement journey began in 1966, when the company approached Sylvester daCunha to design a new ad campaign for Amul Butter.
He designed an ad campaign with a series of hoardings with smart and witty topical ads. The ads became an instant hit.
Today, Amul, the largest food brand in India with an annual turnover of $2.2 billion in 2010-11, has the distinction of running longest running ad campaign in the world.
Manish Jhaveri has been writing the scripts for these hoardings since 1995.
Tribute to Steve Jobs - co-founder of Apple (Oct 2011).
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Labels: Anna Hazare
Labels: Anna Hazare
Like their make-up, acting and dialogues, celebs sometimes go wrong with their quotes too. While RGV called RA.One a sham, Sonam said she wants to turn gay for Kareena. Here're the spiciest quotes of 2011.
1) Ram Gopal Varma on SRK's RA.One: "Jst got 2 knw tht Ra.one is a sham..I am told tht it is a one minute short film of Rajini in whch SRK did a 2 nd half hour guest appearance."
2) Ram Gopal Varma on Delhi Belly's success: "Never believed in Ram, Jesus or Allah bt cing the variation cmng frm js 1 man frm lagaan 2 Tzp 2 DB I am seriously cnsdrng believing in Aamir."
3) Aamir Khan defends DK Bose: "But it is just a name. What is their objection to the mention of a name in the song? If they are reading too much into it and are objecting, it talks about their mind. As far as we are concerned, it is just a name."
4) Karan Johar on Censor's objection to the word sex in Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu: "Censor and I have the same problem...we both don't have sex life."
5) Sonam on turning gay for Kareena Kapoor: “She is so beautiful. She has a family, so I hope she doesn’t mind me saying that,” says Sonam, adding. “I don’t mind doing a film like Dostana (2008). I am narcissist as an actor.”
6) Ranveer Singh on Aamir Khan: I wear high-waist pants coz Aamir Khan wears them!
7) Poonam Pandey on Twitter: "Women don’t dress for men; they dress for themselves & other women. If they dressed for men, they’d be nude all the time :P"
8) Shobha Dey on Twitter: Let all Mumbaikars chant, 'Bhaag Bhaag D.K.Bose' each time we spot an opportunistic politico arriving at the bomb blast sites.Spare nobody!
9) Salman on Katrina: Like in the movie, I play Kareena’s character’s bodyguard, like that I am Katrina’s bodyguard.”
10) Shahid on Taran Adarsh: "So all those trying so hard to screw mausam can go screw themselves .. Waise bhi aajkal kuchh logon ke adarsh buri tarha gir chuke hain."
1) Kim Kardashian on her wedding: I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show.
2) Ashton Kutcher on The Penn State scandal: How do you fire Jo Pa? #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste.
3) Paris Hilton On her hardships: "Everything bad that can happen to a person has happened to me."
4) Donald Trump on beauty: "I mean, part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
5) Ryan Gosling on his looks: "I'm not that good looking, I think I'm a pretty weird looking guy."
6) Lindsay Lohan On her habits: "I was not drinking, not do I drink."
7) Charlie Sheen on Charlie Sheen: "I'm a bitchin' rockstar from Mars."
8) Paula Abdul on her habits: "I've never been drunk in my life. I don't use recreational drugs."
9) Jennifer Hudson on her weight loss: I'm prouder of my weight loss than my Oscar."
10) Kris Humphries on his wedding: "It was totally different than being in a basketball game."
(With inputs from Buzz Feed)
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
2011 saw all the major stars fall prey to SMS and Twitter jokes.
We list down the ones that made us and we are sure the actors smile themselves! While most revolved around Rajinikanth, Shah Rukh and Vidya Balan weren't spared either.
Don ko sirf 11 mulko ki Police hi nahi main bhi dhoond raha hoon. Kyuki mujhe RaOne ke paise waapis chaahiye =D
On Vidya Balan
Breaking News: Vidya Balan's bra to be nominated for best supporting character in d movie "Dirty Picture" !