* Don't spoil me, I know quite well that I ought not to have all I ask for.
I am only testing you.
* Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it. It makes me feel more
* Don't let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the
* Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly
* Don't correct me in front of people if you can avoid it. I'll take much
more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
* Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way
* Don't take too much notice of my small ailments. I am quite capable of
trading on them.
* Don't nag. If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
* Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when
promises are broken.
* Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I should like. That
is why I am not always very accurate.
* Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.
* Don't be inconsistent. That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith
* Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do you will find I will stop
asking and seek information elsewhere.
* Don't tell my fears are silly. They are terribly real, and you can do much
to reassure me if you try to understand.
* Don't neglect me; I do not want to be a delinquent.